Chronicles of Tright: Lyridia v00003 is now live. Here are the things that are new in this version:
- Collisions are buggy at the moment and completely un-optimized. Be careful because I’ve had my browser crash several times during testing, especially around the random blue tombstone. This is something that will need some more attention going forward, but does mostly work for now.
- Enemies that follow the terrain
- The 10 boars still don’t really look very realistic in any way, but at least they don’t sink into the ground or float in the air. The boars also move somewhat smoothly from location to location between update messages from the server. Position updates are still only emitted once per second, but each boar tweens between the position of the previous position and the position of the most recent update.
- Improved, but still terrible animations
- You can press space to make the player jump (if you aren’t moving) or press ‘1’ to see a really awful punching motion. This is an area that obviously needs much work.
- Better terrain
- Penrith Forest is basically a bowl valley. Right now you can walk right up the steep slopes around it, but eventually that will change.
- Very, very basic NPC interaction
- If you move relatively close to the guy next to the house and put your mouse cursor over him, he will be highlighted. If you click while he’s highlighted you get a goofy message.
- More stuff in the world
- I added quite a few trees and some other scene filler
It really feels like I should have more to list here because I seem to be implementing new things all the time, but I guess that just really shows the enormity of what this project really is. I’ll take a little time tonight to start preparing a list of things to implement next, but if you have any suggestions feel free to leave a comment.